Katie is the founder and director of Centered Seniors. She brings both professional and personal expertise to her senior classes and in her Living Gracefully presentations. She holds a M.Ed. from BU and an LCSW (see below for all credentials).
Katie worked with seniors in various capacities for approximately 30 years throughout Central Massachusetts as a psychotherapist and licensed social worker. Today, she enhances that knowledge with teaching yoga, meditation and stress reduction to seniors.
Yoga and meditation became instrumental in Katie’s healing journey which moved her to share this new found state of well-being with others. Yoga and meditation provide an opportunity to develop a deeper relationship with oneself – to be present, move energy through breath, and find your inner strength, self-love and self-worth.
Katie is a Registered Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance and she was featured on Peggy Cappy’s Yoga for the Rest of Us DVD “Easy Yoga for Easing Pain “which was broadcast on PBS nationwide.
Katie continues to learn, and grow personally and professionally through her experiences and continuing education to bring these skills to her senior classes, products and professional programs. Katie’s work focuses on the physical conditions specific to seniors, such as arthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis, and joint replacement just to mention a few. Her classes offer standing, floor, and chair yoga and the ability to adjust and modify poses according to her student’s capabilities. Her most important concern is your health and SAFETY!!!
Education and Certifications
- M.Ed Boston University
- LCSW Licensed Certified Social Worker
- E-200 hr. Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy
- Yoga Warriors with Lucy Cimini at Central Mass Yoga
- PreNatal Yoga Certification
- YogaKids®, CYKT Certified YogaKids® Teacher and Trainer
Professional Yoga Training
- Yoga for Osteoporosis with Dr. Loren Fishman, and Ellen Saltonstall
- Yoga for Depression and Anxiety with Amy Weintraub
- Yoga for Stress Relief with Robin Rothernberg
- Yoga Injuries: Facts and Fiction Telesummit – YogaU online
- UMass Center for Mindfulness
- Amma IAM meditation training
- Insight Meditation Center