How To Register
Please call the senior center to register for the class:
Holden Senior Center – 508-210-5570
Marlborough Senior Center – 508-485-6492
Sterling Senior Center – 978-422-3032
Different Classes to Choose From
Find the one that’s best for you…try one or more… ALL yoga classes offer mindful movements coordinated to your breath. We begin with a breathing and centering and end with a relaxation to allow the body to absorb all the benefits of our moving, stretching and releasing. You will leave class with an overall feeling of well-being and calm relaxation…ready to move into the rest of your day with increased energy and focus.
About the Class/Practice
- Always work and move within your own body’s abilities.
- Modifications and Adaptations are always offered.
- Every student has advanced permission to NOT do a pose or stretch that is contraindicated for them, or would cause them discomfort or pain.
- Take a break whenever you feel you need.
- Gentle Chair Classes allow for students to remain seated during the short standing period. Seated alternatives are offered.
Gentle Chair Yoga – Beginner/Level 1
Gentle seated stretching, and breathing/centering along with basic yoga poses adapted for the chair. Some standing to increase strength and balance.
(Holden, Marlboro, Sterling)
Strengthening Chair Yoga – Intermediate/Level 2
Classic Yoga poses and postures both seated and standing to increase strength and flexibility, improving overall well-being. First half seated stretching and warm-ups, second half standing and balancing poses along with a modified sun salutation using the chair for support.
(Holden, Marlboro, Sterling)
Floor Hatha Yoga – Level 1/2
***MUST be able to get up and down from floor.***
Easy and basic yoga poses and postures that include lying on back, belly, seated (on floor) and standing/balancing.
Senior Center Classes
- Students must sign in and register and pay for class according to specific senior center.
- If you are a new Yoga Student, please contact the senior center of your choice prior to attending class for information about the registration process.
- Please refer to descriptions of classes to assure that you are attending the class that is best suited for your abilities, as I offer a range of class levels.
- Classes ALWAYS begin and end at the designated time (unless otherwise stated)
- It is best if you can arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of class, to find your spot, and settle in, so that others are not disturbed or distracted by your late arrival. Some centers disallow late arrivals.
- We begin each class with Breathing and Centering and end each class with relaxation/meditation. These times are silent, and without interruptions.
- If you attend a class that requires a mat, please bring your own if possible. There are usually some extras at senior centers should you forget, or have not purchased one yet.
- A Yoga practice is best with only a light breakfast or lunch. A large meal or full stomach may not offer you the best experience.
- Dress comfortably with clothes that allow easy movement, and in layers as room temperatures vary, as does body temperatures.
- Practicing without shoes is recommended, however students may keep shoes on if they prefer.
- A closed water bottle is suggested to keep hydrated.
- CELL PHONES must be turned off or silenced.
- Inclement Weather Cancellations – Follows school cancellations in town of your class. For delays and/or confirmation, please call your senior center.
- Consent/Release forms are required at each senior center.
- Cost per class varies according to center.
- There are no Events scheduled at this time. Please check back soon.